Submitting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account
will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and
password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a
new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online
submission, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors are kindly requested to register for the coference first by clicking Registration
and submit the abstract. You can pay the registration fee as per your convenience. If you don't pay now, the registration page will how the status 'incomplete'. Still Registration Id will be generated. After registration process, you will get an Id called 'Registration Reference Id
'. This Id number has to be quoted while uploading your submission.
Submission Criteria/Review Process
We are accepting Calls for:
Half-a-day workshops (3 hour) and full-day workshops will be held as preconference sessions on Wednesday, November 13, 2019. Proposals should clearly indicate the topic, objectives, background knowledge expected of the
participants, participant activities and the qualifications of the instructor.
Submissions will be a 200-word abstract, 50-word description of how the session is relevant to the conference theme of “Disruptive Engineering Education for sustainable Development” and a detailed description/outline of
All the authors are kindly requested to adhere to the following formatting
guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for WEEF-2019.
- Format for Abstract:
- Authors are required to submit a 500-word abstract.
- Every author should submit upto five keywords.
- Authors should submit a 50-word statement (not included in the 500-word count for the abstract) describing how this work addresses the issues/challenges in the process of engineering education through disruption or how this work enhances the quality engineering educationthrough disruption.
- Abstract should have the following three sections (Number of words in all the three sections should not cross the 500-word count).
- Background, Motivation and Objective.
- Statement of Contribution/Methods.
- Results, Discussion and Conclusions.
Figures and tables are allowed as long as they are in Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG or .jpg) or Graphic Interchange Format (GIF or .gif) file format. Both the width and height of the figures do not
exceed 800 pixels.
All the abstracts will be subjected to a double-blind review. Authors are requested, not to include names and institutions within the abstract description. Authors should ensure that there is no revealing information in the description of the abstract, sufficient enough to identify the author and the affiliated institution.
- The Submitting Author will be the contact person for the abstract.
- A person may be associated with a maximum of three (3) abstracts (not including workshops)
If the abstract is accepted, a 4 - 6 page paper will be requested for submission that follows the provided formatting guidelines, and adheres to the schedule outlined above. Papers can be submitted as a 8-minute oral presentation (+ 2 minutes Q & A) or as part of a poster session. Indicate your presentation preference during the paper-submission process (poster or oral presentation). Reviewers reserve the right to recommend papers be moved from presentation to poster and vice versa.
All abstract/paper submissions will undergo a double-blind peer review process. Therefore, please do not include names and institutions within the abstract description or the paper submission. Authors must ensure that there
is no revealing information in the text (such as obvious citations to authors previous work, or making acknowledgments to colleagues of long standing). Authors should also avoid posting their submitted manuscript and/or acceptance or rejection status on the web or social media until the official final notification date.
All submissions must be original works that have not been published previously in any archived conference proceedings, magazine, or journal. Related previous work by the authors must be cited (anonymously if desired and appropriate), and the differences to work described in the submitted manuscript must be clearly explained. Concurrent submissions are strictly forbidden. If it is determined that an identical or substantially similar manuscript is simultaneously under consideration at another publication venue or forum (e.g., conference, journal, edited book) the manuscript will be rejected at an earlystage in the review process and returned without review.
A paper is considered published if it has appeared in a peer-reviewed archived journal or in published meeting proceedings that are commercially orfreely available afterward to non-attendees in the form of archives (including digital). Authors of accepted abstracts are eligible to submit a full paper for inclusion in the WEEF 2019 Proceedings by the date indicated in the notification email. All accepted papers that are presented during WEEF2019 will be published in the WEEF-2019 Proceedings to be submitted for indexing in SCOPUS. Best papers may also be selected for publication in a special publication.
CLICK HERE FOR SUBMITTING THE ABSTRACT/PROPOSAL FOR WORKSHOP
- How to submit an abstract
The Submitting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. A person may be associated with a maximum of three(3) papers (not including workshops) regardless of your role.Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account.Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the abstract submission system and WEEF 2019 registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract,a confirmation email will be sent to the Submitting Author.If you have not received a confirmation email, please check your junk mailor spam.
IMPORTANT: You may edit your submission any time by logging into the abstract submission page until the abstract submission close date. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact:email@example.com.
- Abstract Submission Process
The online abstract submission system is a simple step-by-step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Name, affiliation, job title and contact information of Submitting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
Presentation type (Workshop, Oral or Poster)
Title of the abstract in title case (word limit is 15)
- Abstract falls under the sub-theme: To choose any one (or more) of the sub-theme
- ST1- Disruptions in Student-centered Learning
- ST2- Disruptions in the process of engineering education otherthan the student-centered learning
- ST3-Disruptions in Institute-Industry Interaction
- ST4-Disruptive Technologies
- ST5-Socio-economic development through disruption.
- ST6- Any others, which does not fall into any of the above subtheme but related to the theme of WEEF 2019
- Abstract falls under the Domain : To choose any one (or more) domain under the chosen sub-theme.
- Abstract: Not to exceed 500 words, with the following components
- Background, Motivation and Objective
- Statement of Contribution/Methods
- Results, Discussion and Conclusions
- Upload the figures/tables (if required)
Statement describing relevance to the theme of WEEF 2019: ‘Disruptive Engineering Education for Sustainable Development’ : Not to exceed 50 words
- Keywords (max.5) that are relevant to your abstract
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Availability to serve as a peer-reviewer
If submitting for a workshop, you will also be asked to provide:
- Anticipated participant learning outcomes (100 word limit, beginning with Participants will)
- Intended audience (50 word limit)
- Background and evidence of effectiveness of work being presented (250 word limit)
- Plan for participant engagement (150 word limit)
- Brief description to explain what your session will address (if accepted,this description will be printed in the program of WEEF 2019. 150 words)
If your abstract is selected, you will be asked to submit a paper for review as follows:
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PAPER TEMPLATE : ”PAPER TEMPLATE”
- Download the paper template shown below to create the paper.
- Following the format provided, prepare your paper. At this stage, do not include names of authors or any identifying information in this document.
- Save as a PDF file. Only PDF files will be accepted for upload.
- Log into your profile and upload.
If your paper is accepted , you will then submit your FINAL paper (Max 6 pages) for inclusion in the Proceedings of WEEF 2019, as follows:
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT THE PAPER : ” SUBMIT THE PAPER”
- Make the required corrections (if any) as recommended by the reviewers
- Add the author information into the document
- Save as a PDF file
|Workshop Proposal Submission
||September 30, 2019
||October 31, 2019
|Notification of acceptance of Workshop/Abstract
||October 15, 2019
|Registration by the accepted authors
||October 31, 2019
|Submission of full papers for the accepted abstracts
||October 31, 2019
|Notification on the acceptance of the full paper
||Nov 3, 2019
|Submission of camera ready papers (for inclusion in the proceedings)
||Nov 10, 2019
|Upload of the presentation slides
||Nov 10, 2019
Notification of Acceptance
Email notifications will be sent to the Corresponding Author.
When notified of acceptance, at least one of the paper, poster or workshop authors must register and pay for the Full Conference by September 30, 2019.Failure to do so may result in the rejection of their submission.
After the payment of the registration fee, authors are requested to submit the slides of the presentation of the accepted paper. Presentation will have an oral presentation for a maximum of 8 minutes and a question & answer session for 2 minutes. This slides will be uploaded in the system available in the venue, on the date of the presentation. The template of the poster will be uploaded in due course.
CLICK Here for uploading the slides of your presentation : ” Upload the slides of the presentation”